12-28-2020, 01:58 AM   #10
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwforme View Post
Coming from a 2017 RAV4 with TSS (Toyota Safety Sense) standard, I thought the frontal collision warning in my X1 was horrid compared to that system.
I said I think the vehicle (not pedestrian) frontal collision warning in the X1 is reliable because it has never let me down. Over 3 years of ownership there have been two occasions where it may have saved me a minor bump and another couple where it reminded me to keep a safer distance. I like that the sensitivity, early/mid or late can be selected by owner. I have never had to rely on the emergency braking function, the alarm and dash alert have been enough. The X1 system rarely gives a false alarm and if it does it is usually because of a sharp bend in the road so the system thought a collision was about to occur with oncoming vehicle or parked car. The X1 system does startle the driver but I think that is necessary/desirable, it creates a reaction and you are unlikely to be able to miss the alert.

I have not had the pleasure to drive a RAV4 with TSS and would welcome you explaining why it is better and why you think the X1 system is horrid in comparison. What specifically do you dislike/think bad about the x1 system? I confess I held onto my previous car before the x1 for too long so the X1is my first car with vehicle frontal collision warning, I am therefore an amateur in this respect.

Last edited by MJE60; 12-28-2020 at 02:14 AM..
Appreciate 1