View Single Post
      01-04-2021, 09:00 PM   #1012
Shagohod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F48 X1

I took a trip to Utah not long ago to go to a world-renowned bouldering area. It was incredible but the mountain drives were immensely dirty, as you can plainly see.

I was actually curious as to what you all use for paint protection and such. I had previously heard that the X1 has notably thin clear coat and the paint is prone to scratches. Despite appearances I'm actually a bit excessive when it comes to keeping a clean car. Prior to my trip I applied a paint sealant, I use H20 Guard and Gloss by Adam's Polishes, and it worked absolute wonders for me. All the water ran right off the car, and the dirt came off as soon as I began to wash it. For interior stuff I use an interior detailer spray with microban for probably 90% of the car. In the trunk I had laid down my seats and placed a large piece of plastic sheeting covering the whole area. I slept and lived out of the car yet within an hour and a half after my trip I had it back to shining bright. This was my first black vehicle, man they look great when clean but I think I would go with either white or blue next. The pics posted here of those colors are absolutely beautiful, even without Pikes Peak or the Air Force Academy in the background
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
iceman7117.00
nathanm4683.00