07-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #20
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Air Guard View Post
Please be aware .. even if Burger Motorsports ships you in incomplete item ..or if the item causes damage to your vehicle (in 5 minutes).. .. and have bought multiple items from them in the past ... THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNWILLING TO WORK WITH YOU ...

They are NOT the only gig in town ..

Everyone seems to think they are the best .. They are the best at one thing .. losing a new customer that, through the next two years ... would have spent thousands with them ...

This is over an intake, correctly installed .. all that jazz .. it blew out my turbo sensor .. 4 MILES of driving ...

All this over a single part .. that, what their cost is MAYBE $75 ...

Great Business ...

Buy Elsewhere ...

On a side note .. if you feel differently ... please see my ad for the BRAND NEW BMS Intake ...

I'll take best offer .. just so I don't have to look at it on my kitchen table ...

I replied to your other thread with directions for how to resolve your issue. I think you fried your TMAP ground by letting the BMS USB cable or box brush against the battery rail. You probably also damaged the JB4 box. You'll know if you open the JB4 box and the ground trace on the bottom of the board is burnt to a crisp. BMS will warranty the JB4 for you just send it in to them for repair. The JB4 includes a ground bypass so with the repaired JB4 installed you'll be good to go.

Now if you want to fix the issue without the JB4 installed just follow this simple DIY. Note that BMW will not know how to fix this and instead just replace your ECU which is a complete waste and not necessary.

To avoid this problem BMS suggests covering the battery rail area with a piece of tape to avoid accidental contact when you're working in there.

Mike
Attached Images

Appreciate 0