06-16-2021, 05:39 AM   #9
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
This is just me but a first year adventure bike from Harley is not something I'd be willing to purchase. I'd wait at least until the 2022 model to make sure any issues are worked out. This isn't in reference to how they're doing as a company but simply the fact that they haven't built an adventure bike ever? or in decades at least. I'd opt for something like KTM or BMW who have been building solid adventure bikes for over 2 decades. I'd even take a Multistrada over the Harley.

Again, just my personal opinion.
Eh, in this modern day and age with so many computer-aided tools available to use for design and manufacture of vehicles, I think the "the don't buy first-year" thing is a thing of the past.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0