View Single Post
      06-15-2021, 10:07 PM   #14
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
Does a manual GT3 have a different exhaust which is louder than the PDK version ? Or maybe it has to do with the unburned fuel causing pops and bangs ? I understand this process is harder to control with the manual. I think Porsche would have overcome this problem eventually, but given how poorly the manual version sells in California, they probably couldn't be bothered. But on the other hand Porsche could have increased how many manuals they sell by charging extra for the PDK, because "no extra charge for the manual" feels like a ripoff, which it is.
they sold more manual GT3s than PDK for the 991.2 generation. I think like 60 some percent were manual. If you spec the touring option you only get a manual. In addition the manuals also sell for more than the autos on the used market like any other sports car.

i dont think charging extra for pdk would would up the manual take rate. people spending this kinda money don't care... they want what they want. 99% of buyers dont' need $8k ceramic brakes yet over 50% of people ordered them.

as for the sound. its probably due to the cruising noise on the highway. having a 7th gear brings the rpms down a bit more.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0