View Single Post
      10-23-2021, 12:06 PM   #14
Ciscocat
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3, BMW X1

BMW x1 2020 28i (US Spec), Rear Fogs?

OK, so I coded the mods #1, for turning on the Rear Fog lights, did the switch mod, that was easy and updated the codes with the exception of these two:
6) 3064 --> Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_PWM1 --> 87
7) 3064 --> Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_PWM1 --> 87

I could not find those, it had something close, Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_PWM1-Standard but the values were voltages and mine was set to 100%.

Well anyway, the Rear Fogs (LEDs) do not come on, the orange light on the dash comes on, making you think it's working but no Fog Lights (I assume they should be next to the backup lights).
The button when you push it with the headlights off does turn on the rear tail lights, not sure if that is by design... Could it be that I do not have the LED Fog lights installed on this model/year?
Any other codes I can try, and does that PWM1 the reason maybe?
Thanks..... (car is in Europe BTW)

Update..... I removed one of the tail lights on the trunk lid, it is the BMW F48 LCI T2 version (LED) (p/n? H7747772105) F03761500C
Could not tell if it has the Fog light or not installed, it may be to the right of the four backup lights, there is a spot for 4 additional spots in the clear lens that do not light up. Are these the Fog Lights, how do I activate those? Is it possible?

Update #2, ok, think I hit a brick wall with this, from the looks of that inner tail light assembly, it might not have LEDs in the FOG light position, I would need to find a EU spec one, those are running around 290 euro each, so that's around 600 euro to get these working, thing is I need it to be able to pass inspection in my country. Is there a way to map the Fog Light switch (which seems to work) to another light in that tail light assembly (break light, DRL at a higher brightness level)?

Update #3 ... Well I may have found a temporary solution, I coded in rfs_l (Left Reverse Light) in place of nsl_l , it worked, so that proves that the Fog light button worked. So next I coded in BL_L = Left brake light, so now it lights the drivers side rear brake light when the Fog Light button is on. Fingers crossed this will be an acceptable solution for the safety inspection, break lights still work.

I would still like to know what the code is for those mystery LEDs that are in that LCI assembly, they have LEDs in them I checked again, so I'm guessing there is some unpublished (?) code that will light those up. I offer an reward for anyone who can come up with those (I don't have time to go through all 255 possibilities!), there must be a code sheet for these somewhere?

Last edited by Ciscocat; 10-25-2021 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: Adding new info3 (corrected spelling)
Appreciate 0