View Single Post
      04-28-2015, 08:26 PM   #7
heart_doctor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

E92 M3 to M4

Hi, I was at work and was having a nice discussion with a radiologist friend of mine (he drives a 2003 E46 M3 and a 2012 Nissan GTR) about the new M4. It was his opinion that the reviews from Europe have not been that great with respect to the new M3/M4. His main point was that the car was "overpowered" so to speak and the chassis cannot handle the torque and HP of the S55 and the car can be difficult to control and overall handling is worse when compared to the E92. He described the M4 more as a "muscle car".

I have been watching a lot of online reviews (mostly from the states and a few from Britain) and these reviews have been very positive.

I currently have a 2011 E92 M3 which I sorta bought impulsively before I knew a lot about m cars and I have regrets about the cars configuration but overall have been very happy with the car. I am going to be in the market for a new car in the next year or so and am looking for some honest opinions from people who have made the transition from the e92 m3 to the M4 regarding the M4 compared to the E92 M3.

I still think the M4 offers the most "bang for the buck" so to speak. I am planning on looking at the 911, GTR, C63 AMG, M4 and possibly a few others for my next car. I really like what I have read so far about the m4 but I'm not sure ...

I have read a few of the reviews here.

Thanks in advance!