View Single Post
      05-18-2021, 04:44 AM   #15
aks_179
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 SDRIVE18I 2017 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
Going back to my previous F25 X3 xDrive30d M Sport, the FSC code will be asked for as soon as you put the USB into the car and start the update. If it is not needed, it will not be asked for.
See attachment for contents of the USB drive.
Worthy of note, if you put the extracted contents onto a USB 3, it only takes about 25 minutes to do the car update.
To check for the progress of the update, go into the iDrive and check the Map version number. It will give you a percentage bar. You can stop and start this as often as you wish. A message is displayed to this effect. Did not see it? Then you missed it.
Strange, the system did not ask for FSC and started loading the file. When it was about 3-4%, I came out of that page to do some other things on iDrive.In my folder structure as well I do not have the FSC folder.
When I went to the version, I did not see any progress bar either. Only the latest version which is 2021-1. And the whole thing took about 3-5 mins or so. Which makes me worried
So if the system did not ask for FSC, it will not ask after the complete update? is there a chance it will ask once the idrive reboots or maybe next time when I start the car?
Appreciate 0