View Single Post
      05-18-2021, 03:49 AM   #13
aks_179
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 SDRIVE18I 2017 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakey46 View Post
Just a point to mention with regard to installing the EUROPE Way 2021-1 update in your X1.
If you find that the install process is quite quick, even though when you go into Navigation settings and check the version it will show you have the 2021-1 'edition', this may not reveal the true picture, even if you are able to use the Navigation facility.
I found that if I either quit the navigation, or pressed OK when the first install screen came up after plugging in your USB dongle, the full update has not been applied.
To check that, I reinstalled the dongle and turned on the ignition only to find that the update was only around 40% complete. By NOT touching any of the Nav buttons, OR the OK note on screen to say the update was progressing and just driving off, or sitting outside my garage with the engine running, the full update was applied and the Nav restarted itself.
To prove this, I mentioned it to a pal with an X1 and he did the same, finding the full install took a while longer whilst he was out driving, despite his having thought he'd completed the full update earlier.
So, as I say, just a point to consider for UK/EU X1 drivers.
I faced the exact same issue. my update finished in a moment and got no clue what happened. Checked the map version and it was already 2021-1.
I was pretty sure something is not right and then came across your suggestion.
I would give it another try.

Just a question, at what point in time the system will ask for FSC code? I do not have the official BMW downloaded map and when tried for the 1st time, it did not ask for any FSC. Now I know that the update was not successful and before giving it one more try, want to make sure I do not mess things up.
Will it ever ask for FSC or not? If yes then when and what if I do not have the right code?
Appreciate 0