06-05-2020, 12:28 AM   #225
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by connerry340i View Post
You know what? I miss the hell out of that X1. I had a Dinan tune on it and a ton of coding including the Alpina flash and it was hilariously fun to drive...real sleeper. The X2 feels a lot like that car did in its modified state, especially since I'm going with the 20's/no-adaptive suspension.

I'll miss the power from the 340 but not the handling. It has the track package, Pilot Sports AND Dinan Shockware and it still makes me nervous, however power was never that car's problem so I never tuned the engine. Hoping someone drops a tune for the X2 soon, because I think it could be really special with more power in the mid and top end. Otherwise it seems like a really fun car.

Ha yeah on both my test drives some M3/M4 driving numbnuts have tried to test me on the freeway...1) it's a test drive, idiot; 2) I know it ain't a full on M, it's a new age 2002tii with a CSL tribute in the C pillar. Relax, bro...we're good here.
I have to agree with you. I had a programmer/tuner remap my 2018 X1 and I added a bunch of cool features like folding the mirrors when I lock the doors if I keep my finger on the handle for more than 1 second. I removed the auto start/stop feature at initial start. All sorts of software options that aren't standard on a regular X1 and for an extra few hundred dollars I added the ECU map tune. They have 2 maps, regular and aggressive. I went with the regular and it adds about the same amount of HP and TQ as a Dinan or a BMS JB4 and It removes most of the lag in comfort mode. Although the car is best driven in Sport mode with the shifter in sport also. I drive it on the blvds and sometimes on the highway in sport mode. In stop and go traffic a prefer ECO PRO mode but I turn off the start/stop feature. I kept the 18" Wheels for winter with winter tires that are mandatory by law here in Montreal and went with 19" Niche aftermarket wheels and 255/40 performance tires. I have adaptive suspension and I find it makes a big difference. I have two sports cars yet since I added lots of personal touches to the interior and optioned the vehicle, I find it's these personal touches that set it apart from buying even an Acura or an Infiniti. I now prefer driving this vehicle than my sports cars because of the visibility and pep. As I said I went with the conservative map and I added the BMS Cold Air Intake and I have over 40HP and 50TQ more at the wheel (Not the crank) than stock. My tuner also modified the pedal/throttle response in sports mode. It's a blast to drive and a lot faster than stock and with the performance wheels and tires it makes a big difference on the handling. Mine is also an Xdrive. I'm glad that I bought this instead of the Audi Q3 or Q5 or the RDX or the Infiniti QX50. Incidentally the QX50 doesn't have power folding mirrors! The BlueTooth audio in these vehicles is very clean. I found out that the 2021 X1 now has dash and door stitching and a larger 12.3 screen. I really like driving this car and I find it's very attractive and generates quite a few stares. I have the LED fogs and I added LED Amber turns: LED requires software programming of the ECU. The new 2021 apparently also has a lot more voice activated features. For the time being I will enjoy this one.
Appreciate 0