View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 02:51 PM   #5
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

So I'll also chime in on this one. The wife's had an X1 since 2016 and the quirks with throttle etc are all the same. I usually drive more powerful cars.. heck, even the minivan is more powerful! I had a 5 series with a big motor and tons of mods like rounderman, but some of my mods were transmission flashes, which made all those things go away so having the throttle delay now is a little annoying, but I'm getting more and more used to it. Circling back to the power.. the regular 28i motor is not enough for me, so if it didn't come out more in the m35i than I wouldn't have been interested in this motor for my own purposes.. perhaps one with a jb4 or boot mod would have made me happier, but I have never driven in one. Also the exhaust and tones of the m35i puts a big smile on my face from startup, big big plus that sways me. Rear visibility never bothers me.. I look in the rear view mirror and I can still see out enough. Backup camera works great. Seats are now moved comfortably for me.. it took maybe two or three weeks of me adjusting it around. They are a far cry for comfort compared to my 5 series.. but those seats were designed of different purpose. Still I do not get any sore back from this, but it's hugging me VERY tight in comparison that I prefer to take my winter jacket off when I sit in the car so I get the perfect fit for me.

Also on a side note.. prices can be negotiated on for sure. I know I got myself a crazy deal with stacking loyalty credits and a bunch of things that aren't commonly available. I ended up paying the price of a regular car. Of course this would have pretty much applied to any BMW I would have bought. Is it worth $10k difference? Some say that could be another half a car. It is steep when you look at it that way.. but if you got a regular X2 and tried to throw money at it to be the same.. well then yes you're getting there (exhausts, brakes, front LSD, engine mods/tunes, seats). Go drive one, it's in a different ballgame performance and sound wise.

Last edited by rice_rocket88; 02-26-2020 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 0