View Single Post
      11-01-2018, 05:51 AM   #54
ScottAndrew
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
I fully understand what BMW is doing with this model. Doesn't mean I have to like it!! Having seen one in the metal in a showroom, I wouldn't buy one, period
Abolutely, of course not, but you can't extend your personal preference to the entire market when you look at how powerful these things are.

For example, I like the 3 series. (That's why I'm here, not trolling for shit on an Audi forum somewhere.) I like the 3 touring too, as the extra space is useful. However the roads in Britain are pretty bad, and often not suited to BMWs which are developed in a country where the roads are generally a lot better. And having bent several alloys and replaced countless strut mounts, LCAs and lollipops since 1990, I want a tough car with bigger wheels able to soak up poor surfaces. Something like the X1 or X2 (same car, your own personal choice as to which one) does that better than a 3 Touring. The popularity of crossovers in the UK is partially attributed to this.

Of course in the end i took neither, but a 2 series and a cheap crapper for £1000 for dragging stuff around in. I leave the crapper outside the house for it to be keyed and kicked .
Appreciate 0