Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
Only my opinion but e46 interiors fall apart, swichgear, consoles peeling, headliner and pillars sagging etc.

Also e9x chassis is like a piece of granit compared to e46. The only e46 I would consider is 330i zcp or m3 comp that were not roasting in hot climates.
So you prefer a east coast rost bucket over a California car?

It's all about maintenance, my E46 does not show any symptoms like mentioned by you but my E91 did instead...
no, that is incorrect interpretation. Hot climate state examples are Florida, Arizona, Texas etc. bit not Cali. I think most people would agree with this.

I agree that individual care is #1 but there are additional benefits if the car was not parked outside in Fl over the last 20y. Many e46 that I sat in came from various states. I looked at e46 M3s and 330i zhp models. What my general observation is what I stated. It is a general rule and not applicable to one specific vehicle like yours. The only peeling on E9x that's been a common problem per my observation are door handles. Otherwise the interior is more durable than e46, again not applicable to e46 maintained by an enthusiast.
Appreciate 0