06-05-2020, 08:21 AM   #36
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
Reverse grids isn't like revenue sharing. It's letting the Browns have the ball 5 times in a row at the beginning of the game because they're playing the Chiefs and they have no chance otherwise.
I already said I wasn't sure if reverse grids were good or not, I was replying to the quote that Toto would never vote for something that wasn't to his advantage. You think this is as good as F1 can get or do you have some idea to make it better?

Do you believe F1 is as interesting as it was 20 years ago? Can you explain to someone that doesn't watch F1 how we hope there are 2-3 teams fighting for win at each race (always the same teams) but often the it is 1-2 drivers and they are on the same team and we are hoping it rains to make it interesting?

Edit - Also, reverse grids, if done right, are not like giving one team the ball 5 times in a row. One option is starting the next race in the reverse order of the last race. Long term results will still have the best teams coming out on top and the worst teams will still have no chance of winning. Everyone is still playing by the same rules and far different than handicapping the best.

Last edited by David70; 06-05-2020 at 08:33 AM..
Appreciate 0