05-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #21
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
All I am suggesting is that you might compared vehicles that are similarly equipped. That might actually foster an interesting discussion, about the differences between the cars and how the final weights were achieved.

Can you not understand that more options (aka a sunroof) are standard for a 235 that were not offered on your 1M? And that the published figures for the car are based upon those standard options? Perhaps, in some wild stretch of the imagination, a 1M and 235, both MT equipped, steel roof, heated seats only be a better comparison?

Furthermore, my distaste for my own car is well known on these parts. Generalize some on your part?

The truth of the matter is that most times you provide no appreciable benefit to the conversations on this board. You are, from the majority of what I have seen, a pretty pompous ass in a place where fun discussions should be the norm. You are inherently defensive about anything you own or have owned, and similarly dismissive of anything that is presented as a viable alternative to one of those vehicles.

The approach does not benefit anyone...
I think most people on here have learned to just ignore whatever is being said, since one simply cannot find a post of his that's not in some way praising his car. No contribution to the discussion at all. Wait til the M2 comes out and if it's better than the 1M, see how fast he gets on the wagon and start blabbing the M2 is better than everything else.

Is there a function on here to ignore a post?

On topic, IMHO the 100-200lb difference in weight in the big picture will not matter, It's how the car feels and drives that will be the deciding factor. My guess 34xxlb, MT, min options.
Appreciate 2