11-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #20
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
1- No technological limits on cars (except width & lenght) = Bring back engineering ingenuity. Every team would have different looking cars. The best ideas are sometimes the most unusual.

2- Active aerodynamics (think Veyron under hard-braking) = its the inevitable future, why delay?

3- Cover the wheels (this isnt 1965) - and aero would improve .... and cover the cockpit.

4- Active suspension

5- Develop rain-draining, perforated, rubber-like track surface ..... more grip in the dry ... dry-grip in the rain.

6- Private teams (no corporate giants), cap 2 teams per engine manufacturer.

7- Pay-Per-View options (i want the live timing screen.. and i want the option of flipping between all on-board cameras.

8- 2 teams per tire manufacturer = it be nice to see Pirelli, Yokohama, Michelin, etc all battling it out for supremacy.

Just a few of MY suggestions....
Its 2010 already ... if we cant have flying cars .. lets move ahead with the future of this 100 year old sport.

My list would be:
1. Monday Testing on the same track from the Sunday race
2. Turbo 4 engines since that is where all road cars are going

As for your list, I am sorry but I will have to comment since you claim to have driven an F1 car but seem to know nothing about car racing of any kind

1. No technical limits would mean the team with the most money wins every time, and as others have said it would all be about the machines not the drivers, no one wants that. In addition, the word "Formula" by definition means cars that all match a certain formula or technical regulations
2. They already have adjustable front wings in 2009 and 2010... Does not add anything to the sport or the show
3. Maybe, but we already have Prototype car racing
4.They already tried that in F1 and it was major fail
5. Are you serious? Rain races are the best by far.. even the drivers love to race in the rain, it seperates the men from the boys
6. Okay, but the way things are right now, not enough manufacturers
7. Already available in the UK for years now and in the US on speed.com since last year
8. Major fail, Much better racing when everyone is using the same rubber
Appreciate 0