View Single Post
      11-06-2017, 04:11 PM   #11
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Hi OP, i'll give you my experience on an average budget. First, retaining that sound bar is going to be a real anchor to your home audio for many reasons. I won't go through them all but converting analog to digital is just your first issue. If i were you i'd keep that soundbar for another tv or something. Assuming you get the soundbar to work like a regular center channel, the audio quality in general might not be very good if the timber of the soundbar and you satellites are off a bit. Then there is the potential for audio delay. yikes!

Anyways as far as wireless rear surround, i've tried Rocketfish (didnt work for me) and a couple others. All were spotty, had cutouts, or just plain didnt work. If you want to try SOnos you can do that, it might have a solution. I ended up getting a Sony Receiver that allows for automatic connection with certain sony rear surround speakers. Not all that expensive. You'd have to get two speakers and the receiver (and it will allow you to use whatever center and L/R channels you hook it up to). Also don't forget to get a dedicated subwoofer!
Appreciate 0