View Single Post
      11-06-2017, 01:45 PM   #1
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Ok so I am trying to improve my home theater a bit. I have a 65" 4K Vizio and an LG sound bar with wireless subwoofer that sounds pretty good. The sound bar was a gift from my father in law so I'd like to retain it in the home theater system. Integrating it does not make for an easy task however as the only inputs are 2 optical inputs and a USB. I am considering using it as the center speaker and purchasing a receiver and two rear surround speakers (and possibly 2 front L and R surround satellite speakers). I would like for this to be of decent quality but still as budget friendly as possible, mostly because I'm no audiophile and wouldn't appreciate a super high quality high-end system anyways. I am open to suggestions for satellite speakers as well as a receiver.

So this brings me to my first issue: converting analog input to optical. I have found this little box (below) from amazon that looks like it is just the ticket. However I won't know for sure if it works until I hook it up. Does anyone know if this will work? Will there be a sound delay from the tv?

My second issue is the rear surround sound speakers. My living room has the kitchen and dining room open to it on the right side and two double glass doors on the left side when facing the TV from my sectional. I do not want to have to run speaker wire across the edge of the room to go to the two rear speakers. Is there any way to relay the signal to the two rear speakers wirelessly? I have searched and searched but have not found anything that I am looking for. I really dread having to run tacky looking speaker wire across the corner of the tile floor. Any advice is much appreciated.
Attached Images

| Previous: 18 M3 ZCP | 17 M3 6MT | 15 M235i |
Appreciate 0