Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I am probably a bad example because I DID buy a loaded up C7 Corvette with every single options ticked, but that’s only because it was one of the few 7 speed manuals available within the LA Metropolitan area. One or two more options and the MSRP would have rested $90k

If I were to spec out one RIGHT NOW, I couldn’t because there’s no manual option, but I would have gone with the Z51 1LT base model ($65K) and nothing else. If you watch Corvette sales trends, you’ll find over 60% of all Corvettes sold are base model, base trim, bare essentials cars.

The Grand Sport I bought sat on the lot because it had ALL the options ticked except for the Heritage package and CF aeros. At $88k it was way beyond what typical Corvette shoppers were comfortable with.

Frankly I can live without the bulk of the amenities that comes with the upper trims, since a base Corvette comes very well appointed to begin with. On a BMW? Sure, I’d load up on some option packages because they nickle and dime you with features. But I guarantee you more than 50% of C8 orders fall between the absolute base $60K to minimally equipped around $65k.

After all, the. VAST majority of Corvettes are just garage queens and few can tell the difference between a 1LT and 3LT with front axle lift from a glance.
C7 sales trends have been towards 1LT in the last few years, but enthusiasts generally buy during the first couple years of release and those have trended towards 2LT and 3LT. After all, look at the initial C8 build schedule and they were only building loaded 2LT and 3LT models.
Wait, they're starting production with the highest margin models? Surely that's exactly what buyers asked for and not in any way a business decision.
Appreciate 0