Reclaiming My Time!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Nice collection, big HP fan I see.

I tried using apps to track my whiskey and cigars and it just is too much effort. I can barely remember to track beers in Untapped and that has a great interface.

How do you like the Kavalan? I have had some pretty poor reviews on their offerings, which has led me away from actually buying any of it.
HP used to be my favorite. I definitely like the older style HP more, but do still enjoy what they offer. The collection just kind of kept building, as I had a practice of buying two of an offering (one to drink, one to save). I'm probably done buying HP for a while after the Valfather gets in stock locally. Sadly the 15yo and Dark Origins were my favorite and both are discontinued.

I'm curious where the poor reviews from Kavalan come from, as I typically see them lauded as a great young distillery. I haven't had any of the lower proof offerings, but the Soloist line (which I believe is single cask) and Cask Strength offerings are amazing. I'm lucky, my wife's family is from Taiwan and I got to go to the Distillery. They came to prominence fast winning World's Best Single Malt Whisky 2015 and were only open for like 10 years. The climate in Taiwan plays a part in how the whisky ages 'faster' and thus competes with distilleries from around the world that have been doing it a lot longer.
Appreciate 0