vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
this is how my AD explained the situation:
"Rolex demand on a global scale has been off the charts for almost 3 years now. People are buying Rolex watches at an unprecedented rate. This has resulted in an already short supply before we begin to factor in COVID-19. Rolex is producing as many watches as they can, but there is a limit to their production capabilities. The current way that Rolex is handling things is as follows. They are not accepting orders for most of their product line because they are so far behind in production. When we have a customer express interest in a particular model and configuration, we submit a request to Rolex to see if they will be able to fill the order. If they confirm that they can, we can take a deposit for the specific watch(es) that are requested."

that being said, we expressed interest this past Feb for both mine and my wife's watches. my AD wouldn't take any deposits from us because Rolex couldn't confirm they could fill the order. she received hers 2 months later; i'm still waiting...
My son has been looking for a Rolex since his birthday in Mar with little luck. Last Sunday, they were at a Mall in Sacramento and decided they'd stop in. Had been in a couple of times, contacted other ADs . He wanted a T41 Datejust white gold with light dial. Chatted with the manager and mentioned I have had a Sub for 35 years. Manager took him into back office and had a T41 with slate face and diamonds for hour markers. He grabbed it, of course and is even happier with this design than the original. There was a "waiting list" needless to say, that he was going to call the first in line Monday. Rapport got the watch. He was wearing a Tag which the guy of course noticed. Very happy with it, not my taste in watches, but striking. Right place right time is the moral of the story and building a relationship. He is a Senior Sales Director, so has the gift of gab. Good luck getting yours.
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4674.00