View Single Post
      12-02-2019, 02:57 PM   #151
TheBigP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

I've been wondering if the issue is that it's coasting in 3rd gear, so the lack of response is similar to how a manual would feel in 3rd under the same circumstances. It's not high enough that it starts to stutter or anything (as it would in a manual), and since it's an auto it just sort of disengages while it downshifts. Then it finds the gear and off you go. It seems like when you're in sport "sharp" (i.e. M/S), it aggressively downshifts to first gear, but I don't think it does that in any other mode (even regular sport) on a consistent basis (unless you come to a full stop). I've started using the paddle shifter to make sure I'm in first gear, even in regular sport, to test the theory in different situations. I was also going to ask the Bimmercode guy if he could program the dash display to say which gear you're in, even when you're in the regular drive modes not displayed with M and S (like D1, D2, etc.). If so, you could definitely track the gearing and see if there's a consistent pattern...
Appreciate 0