View Single Post
      07-24-2019, 04:18 PM   #5
OG Shark
Rep
Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
We can all agree that whether you like him or not, if HAM continues on current form with his driving and the Mercedes remains in the top 2 or 3 cars he will eclipse MSCs record of 91 wins. This could occur if he wins out this year but will most certainly occur next year.

Secondarily, applying all of the previous caveats, it is highly likely that he will tie MSCs WDC total and move on to eclipse it in the new formula.

I must admit that I though these records were insurmountable until the 2015 season ended. At that point I believed that the wins were achievable but the championships would still be out of reach. The 2016 year with ROS cemented the championships being out of reach for me but 2017 and 2018 gave me faith again. I truly think that HAM will finish with 8-10 championships and 110 to 120 wins if he races until 2025.

What does everyone think?
Just think - if the fix hadn't been on it 2016 then you could have posted this one year ago.

I have it from a reliable source that Mercedes wanted to slow Hamilton's roll a bit after '15 and decided that Rosberg needed to win in '16. Apparently Ham was getting a bit too big for his britches according to Merc. It was a gentlemen's agreement between Toto and Nico that after Nico won he would have to retire to keep Hamilton happy afterwards, withh Merc knowing Hamilton was 100% their future. Nico knew this was the only way he could beat Ham so apparently was on board with it. Epic and highly unusual year filled with car issues anyone?

Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50