View Single Post
      01-02-2018, 04:31 PM   #169
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Did you have access each camera directly to ensure the IP Config was correct?

The NVR is a PITA, I went to do the actual install over the holidays running the cat6 and mounting the cameras outdoor and it was a pain.

I had setup one camera already and updated the NVR firmware in my office to make sure I got everything working. It wouldn't recognize the cameras after I decided to change the IP subnet, and installed both the already setup first camera and new 2nd camera. Got the 1 camera I already had setup recognized after I switched the subnet back to what it was. I still can't get a new 2nd camera setup yet. Thinking of maybe sending it back and switching to another system.

I pray for anyone who doesn't understand Tech, this shit is not user friendly even for someone who is familiar with computer networking.
My experience with Hikvision's initial setup tool has been hit and miss. The software does a scan on your local network to discover the camera. Then you can change the IP address from the tool. I just chose to set my laptop's IP to the same network as the default address of the camera. Makes things so much simpler. At that point, you can just launch the web GUI and configure the settings there.

I've had no problems getting everything working. Occasionally, a camera would lock up and not respond. That all seems to have gone away after I upgraded the firmware on my PoE+ switch. It wasn't a big deal when the camera did lock up. I just remoted into my switch and cycled the port which effectively does a power reset to the camera.

Yes, this stuff can get involved. And that's why there are cloud solutions out there. I very comfortable with this stuff and choose not to be held hostage by a cloud service. Hence Hikvision and the like will be the ones I will use.
Appreciate 1
P111541.50