01-30-2021, 02:57 PM   #526
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
Heh i love how they do indeed test the cars for winter but the worst part is a lot of us who lives in the northned parts of the world rarely gets to se this kind of snow landscapes it is more like the image below and a lot more salt

[IMG]https://bilpleiekongen.no/wp-content...sh-300x300.jpg[/IMG]

Bmw should maybe try these cars where the winter conditions are more real and the use of salt is so extensive that the cars ages 2-3 years faster then the average car who drives only in where it is snow like on the pictures.

For example where i live pretty much in the middle of Sweden we have very few days with snow conditions like that its mostly -2c to +4c during winters and constant rain and salt on the roads so it won't freeze during nights. So a car pretty much ages around 2-3 years faster when driven here compared to other parts of the country. I hate the use of salt on the roads....
The Testing in the nothern regions is meant for cold climate testing of all systems in really cold conditions, for that they need -10C and more. Also traction fine tuning is done on full snow roads.
It is not for corosion tests of the car. These things are done in the labs at the facilities.

And on top of that, also not ideal for them to test prototypes where there is "a lot" going on, where you mainly find roads like in your picture
Even up there in the north, they're constantly in front of camera lenses
Appreciate 0