View Single Post
      01-22-2021, 10:47 AM   #236
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

I think I want to get my wife the Model Y due to Tesla's exception car crash safety ratings and tech. When my wife and I decided to have kids, we also decided to lease all of her cars (every 3 years) until she the kids were in HS due to the fact that car safety and tech has been changing and improving so fast. It would put my "precious cargo" in the latest and safest place for the time being. Currently she's in an Audi Q7 but when that lease is up in a year, Tesla was the next brand that came into mind. The thought came up because my wife kept asking me, when we were searching for her next car (the Q7), does it have auto braking, etc? Ultimately she said she wants to be safe, just in case the kids distract her. I obviously told her, if the kids are distracting or crying, to just let them cry and pull over, but she said she wants tech to assist as well. I was like, isn't there a freaking car that drives itself? At that time Tesla didn't come to mind, but now it does. Anyone else have similar thoughts in regards to the car's safety features?

For myself, I doubt I'd ever go EV. and/or an Automatic/DCT/DSG. Give me a gasoline smelling, oil drinking, sub 4 second 60mph, manual that hurts my left foot to drive in traffic. Thankyouveddymuch.
Appreciate 0