View Single Post
      01-22-2021, 09:41 AM   #235
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

I picked up a model 3 performance last year when my f80 lease ended. So far so good it has its slight issues with panel gaps and such if you are extremely anal but honestly its so slight I wouldn't even bother taking the car in. with 15k miles on the odo its never been in for a repair or any service actually. Only thing thats starting to show up is a slight ticking from the suspension and you can only hear it when its silent in a garage but to be fair many of my bmws have also done the same thing over time ( I drive my cars very hard). Unlike bmw I hear tesla is willing to fix this known issue without any hassle. Autopilot is awesome and I take full advantage of it on my 25 mile hike to work which is mostly highway about 22 miles of that is on autopilot.

Handling is similar to a bmw but it gets a little loose at high speeds(suspension should fix this issue.) Cornering is fantastic and noticeably quicker and more stable around corners due to its lower center of gravity and insane traction control system compared to my m3 even with its tiny 235 ps4's. Traffic light to traffic light nothing really compares it always hooks even in the rain and with no gear changes you will be king of the traffic light races with a constant 3 second 0-60 with roll out. Where it really shines is roll races under 50 mph as it just jumps most cars by a car or so but only to reeled in around 130 to cars in the 500hp range as you lose power and torque.

I do miss my 6 speed, the danger of a 600whp rwd car and the ability to rev and show off sometimes but all in all its been a great do it all type vehicle.

You can follow some of my races on instagram @teslavseverything

Last edited by SflBimmer8484; 01-22-2021 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7833.00