Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRadonis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg21040 View Post
I replaced all of the speakers with GRS speakers. I got the 2ohm GRS subs for under the seat. I put in a Match plug and play amplifier from bimmertech. Then I used the RCA output from that amp to get the signal for a Kicker mono subwoofer amplifier. That makes it super simple. Then I tuned it with my laptop and was able to control the Kicker amp through the Match amplifier software.
Neat that doesnt sound too hard. I am curious did you choose the sub based on the air that fits in that spot for the enclosure or cause you are a fan of the Sub itself? I am wondering if a 8inch JL W3 would work there?
I did. That sub can operate in 0.5 of airspace. I had a ported box at first with a Kicker sub. It required too much space so I checked some reviews and went with the JBL. I made it so that I could still lift the floor to access the underneath space.
There's so much how to videos on YouTube. I saw how to replace the factory amp on there. Took me about 20-25 minutes to do. Then, it took me about 10 minutes per door to change out those speakers and about 5 minutes to do the dash speaker. I also threw some sound deadening in my doors...oh, and in the fiberglass enclosure.