View Single Post
      11-08-2016, 09:02 AM   #4
cdn240cab
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M240 Cab

Thanks, we are really looking forward to completing break-in so we can really see what this car can do. We only have 350 kms so far and the car is very smooth and comfortable. Sport/sport plus tightens things up and the car becomes more lively, but not to the point of becoming harsh. Cowell shake is almost non existant even running over texas gates and broken pavement, a vast improvement over the VW Cabrio we used to own.
I'm not a pro, but have dabbled in some higher end home/car audio in the past and the HK unit is okay. It could use a little more power, especially in the convertible with the roof off. As you turn up the volume it becomes fatiguing, and looses some clarity and smoothness, but is FAR better than the 15 Wrx unit we used to own, even though that unit had an equaliser and proper sub. The 19" 405m wheels do transfer a bit more road "feel" and after doing some research I believe they are produced by BBS wheels, so I'm hoping they hold up and do not bend. The BMW wheel warranty covers BOTH the factory wheels and the M perf wheels against damage, part of the reason we bought these instead of aftermarket rims.
If anyone has any questions about the m240i x drive convertible please let me know and I will do my best to answer your questions.

Last edited by cdn240cab; 11-08-2016 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 1