View Single Post
      10-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #13
Spinnetti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrat 2 View Post
Thanks. So if I were to install a Ground Control camber plate with prefixed settings or a TCKline camber plate with the same then there is no reason to get another alignment since caster and camber are all preset to one of 3 positions in each of them. Correct? Local shop is saying I need an alignment after install and I'm trying to understand why. I can understand with a fully adjustable camber plate but both of these only have preset settings so I don't understand the need.
Changing camber changes toe because it moves the strut - the steering rack is attached to the strut too, so it moves also; not a lot, but some so you'll still need toe reset when you put the camber plates on and each time you change camber. Now, its not hard to do yourself if so inclined with some jackstands, string, plumb bob and a tape measure; just trading time for money. You could also set the toe, change the camber and recheck it to see how much it moves... maybe not enough to bother with, or better yet, if adding negative camber also moves a touch toe-out, it would be a bonus for street/track adjustments...
Appreciate 0