View Single Post
      06-10-2015, 03:15 PM   #100
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
I've had mine for a week. It's great. I love the industrial design and the extra functions have been extremely useful for my daily life. A few thoughts:

Will it be my daily? More than likely, yes. Will it replace my Tag or IWC? Hell No. Comparing a luxury Swiss mechanical watch to a smartwatch is like comparing a horse to a car. Or a classic sports car to a modern day electric car. Is a Tesla a better way of getting around compared to a 275 GT California? Of course. The Tesla will be faster, more economical, reliable, and much more comfortable. But the other is a 275 gt california. Enough said.

I seriously don't understand why people get so invested when it comes to loving or hating a certain product. Apple Watch was never meant to be a "necessary" item. It's simply a fun gadget. No one is forced to buy it. If a consumer is not interested in it, than they can elect to not purchase and move on with their lives.
I have to agree, and I had mine for a month and I am not sure what the other guy is saying about it not working, it doing everything I expect and then some and I looking forward to OS update 2.0 in the fall. Right now I am wearing all the time and enjoying but I most likely will go back to the more classic watch.

The one thing is has done is allow me to not have to look at my phone while in meetings and most people have not idea I am check on a text I just got or stock market notice or the such. This alone is a hugh benefit and advantage.

With that said I am beginning to feel like how I felt when I bought the very first 335 in the fall of 2006. Usually I never buy first model year, I usually give it some time to mature before buying in. My 335I is great still love driving it every day, inspite of the various issues most of us dealt with.

Well the watch is starting to doing odd things and I am seeing others reporting the same thing, namely the force touch screen not working well and it may need to go back. I suspect there will be some other growing pains in the watch's future. They cramed lots of new technology into it similar to BMW and you know there will be problems.
Appreciate 0