View Single Post
      09-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
AWM3
BMW Fan
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl_lazlo View Post
I just had my amp installed yesterday and I had a quick question for you all. The installer tapped into the wires that run from the factory amp to the subs under the seat and ran the tapped wires to the speaker level inputs on the alpine sub.

Will this cause any problems since the factory subs are still connected to those wires? (Impedance mismatch, etc.)

I'm back off to the shop today because after about an hour of playing, the system is not working. The blue light on the alpine amp is flickering and there is no sound from the sub. I think there may be some loose power connection to the amp since that blue light shows when the amp has power, but the amp itself may be bad, not sure yet.
What is the frequency response of the factory amp output to the underseat speakers? Does it have attenuation of low frequencies below 50 Hz? If it does, that will significantly degrade the performance of your subwoofer.

If you have a power problem, you should have used the switched 12V from the center console for your remote turn on, like I told you to do yesterday.
Appreciate 0