02-13-2022, 11:23 AM   #79
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I did some digging on this whole "vaccine increases risk of myocarditis" angle. That 100% number spooked me a little. Here's what I found. In 2017 there were 1.8 million cases of myocarditis reported worldwide. 1.8M / 7.7B is a pretty small fraction. Increase it by 100% or 200% and it is still a very very small number.

Moral: a big percentage increase in nearly zero is still nearly zero.
That’s my point, however it also applies to bad covid outcomes and everything else. I mean the people who are supposedly most at risk for this myocarditis are young men, who also happen to be some of the people with the least risk of bad outcomes. So people are literally going crazy over these tiny numbers. What is the risk of an average young male having bad covid outcomes? I don’t know because they don’t advertise these numbers like they do 50% reduction in hospitalization or whatever. However I would guess it’s a fraction of a percent of those who are unvaccinated, now subtract the risk from those that have 1 does or 2 doses and that number becomes even tinier. So while the risk of myocarditis is tiny even if it’s 40% higher than baseline… the benefit is also tiny. So who cares at that point? Probably at higher risk of dying from driving to work.
Appreciate 1
Kick 6286.00