View Single Post
      12-10-2020, 05:23 PM   #100
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
pi-hole is interesting. I may look into that. Have you done any research on it? Turning over DNS duties to an app is no small step. I run a Raspberry Pi VPN box and route through it all day long. Adding this piece might be an interesting bonus.
Pihole is awesome! I bought a pi specifically for that, and for lite desktop duty (4GB Pi 4B). In the past 24h, 20% of DNS queries have been discarded on my home network, and nothing that I wanted to see has been blocked. Sometimes it's as high as 40%!

Bonus of pihole is cloudflared which facilitates DOH functionality. There's a diy in the pihole documentation.

If you do get pihole, be sure to add the https://dbl.oisd.nl/ adlist - it has over 1mil domains.

Back on topic... I used to have Facebook and insta for my old business as well as personal ise, but when I left that I treated myself to deleting all social accounts. I miss connecting with some old friends on fb a bit, but overall I have no need for it in my life. I know a handful of people whose lives/marriages are actually being affected negatively by getting caught up in the wrong feedback loop on fb...it's not good; it preys on the weak, as an unfortunate (but very effective!) side effect of content curation.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615277.00
Soul_Glo13347.00