View Single Post
      04-23-2021, 03:06 PM   #9081
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

It isn't a dating story, since I've been married for over a decade, but sharing a story to get things moving again:

My dog is pretty much perpetually scared of anything, he spends most of his time slinking around the house and hiding in closets. I don't know why, maybe we yell a lot as a family, not sure. Just a few days ago, I felt much like my dog, and the two of us spent a decent part of the evening together attempting to avoid my wife and the related tongue lashings I received on multiple occasions that night. He was trying to avoid her because he doesn't like anyone yelling, even if it isn't at him. I was trying to avoid her for much the same reasons, though said yelling was definitely directed my way.

I did deserve it though, and went to apologize after I felt she had cooled down a little. I had engaged a tax lawyer to look into a plan to get some money out of her corporation (that I had told her about and she knew about), but I didn't do enough to make sure to reign said lawyer in, in terms of his fees. And she wasn't aware of his hourly rate, I was, but neglected to pass along that little tidbit. So when his bill came in at just shy of $10K for not even enacting the plan, just telling us a plan (that we decided not to go with because it was too risky), I became persona non grata almost immediately.

Which was fair...I learned a good lesson that night, and I've got a different tax lawyer now going a different way, but his fees are capped and I have that in writing. And now I'm doing penance by taking on additional projects that I might not have otherwise done in order to add bill some clients to try to recover some of that money I spent on the first tax lawyer. But I'm sure my dear wife was again second guessing her decision to marry me in the first place that night.

Truthfully, I probably do a lot of things that causes her to revisit that decision on a fairly frequent basis. Its sort of a miracle I'm still married. She *says* she'd be lost without me, but I think she'd manage to find her way pretty quick!
Appreciate 5
Tommy-G4497.50
Buug95917693.00
King Rudi13157.00
M5Rick60758.50