Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 678hug View Post
Hi,
Tried to remove my head unit on a 2019 X1 to see whether I have the wifi antenna connection only to find the cables prevent pulling the unit out. It only moves about 2 inches

Obtained the info from the BMW manual and it says that this is due to the cable harness being clipped into the structure during manufacture and this will need releasing to get the head unit out.

The harness point that needs unclipping is shown in the photos below however, i can't work out which part of the car I am looking at from these photos.

Anyone got any ideas of where these photos are located.

(I have realised that i don't have the wifi as i can see the head unit data plate which doesn't have a wifi logo however, I am going for a head unit replacement to get Apple CarPlay and still need to be able to get the head unit out)

Thanks
In the first picture the lower centerconsole is also removed. I guess you need to look there. Not sture as you say 'this part' but multiple pictures are posted, so please clarify if I guessed 'this part' wrong

My headunit wouldn't move enough either at first but after lot of wiggling I just could get it out enough to attach the WiFi antenna, in your case that would mean that just get enough room get your fingers in and unclip the main connector, then you can probably pull it out
Appreciate 0