View Single Post
      08-02-2022, 04:10 PM   #57
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I wish they would offer the Spyder with a Boxster top. While I prefer the looks of the Spyder, the top of the Boxster is just more versatile and easier to live with day to day. If you're just driving on sunny days and leaving the top down, I get it. I like knowing that I can keep driving, up to 40mph, and raise or lower the top. Plus, the insulation on the Boxster top makes it almost car like from a road noise perspective. The other day I was driving the targa when rain unexpectedly started. I had to pull over, but at least didn't have to get out.....that's what I was telling myself lol.
I currently have a hardtop BMW convertible too, an E93. And yes, it's very convenient, and I use the car all year round since it does such a good job insulating me from the element and road noise.

But for the Spyder, I think for most like me the unique humps and fascinating charm of the design trumps the need for function. And I talked to a few guys at Cars and Coffee events who have them, and they showed me how they could complete the whole process top up/down process within 4 minutes. For me, the beauty is worth the manual effort. Basically, when I would drive my Spyder, I'm committed to being "less lazy".

I leave you with one of my favorite quotes: “Beauty is the opposite of perfection – it’s about confidence, charisma, and character.”

And I'd be adding the Spyder to my fun fleet of cars, it wouldn't be a replacement for my E93 (I love that engine too much). So when I'm feeling lazy, I'd just drive my M3 convertible.
Appreciate 0