Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Thanks

If I get the 4.0, I'm not buying the 4.0 for more performance. I figure if I'm getting a Boxster, I may as well get the best sounding engine right behind my head, maximizing the emotional experience.

I just love how the Spyder looks, so again, it's adding to the emotion every time I drive it.

But I rented a 981 Boxster S and drive down the PCH from San Fran to LA, and it was one of the best driving experiences of my life. I had so much fun in that little rental Porsche, and it was plenty fast enough for me.
I wish they would offer the Spyder with a Boxster top. While I prefer the looks of the Spyder, the top of the Boxster is just more versatile and easier to live with day to day. If you're just driving on sunny days and leaving the top down, I get it. I like knowing that I can keep driving, up to 40mph, and raise or lower the top. Plus, the insulation on the Boxster top makes it almost car like from a road noise perspective. The other day I was driving the targa when rain unexpectedly started. I had to pull over, but at least didn't have to get out.....that's what I was telling myself lol.
Appreciate 0