View Single Post
      08-02-2022, 07:41 AM   #54
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
You don’t need to get the Spyder or GTS4.0 to enjoy how special a 718 is. Due to the relatively light weight, the 300hp in the base 718 is plenty especially paired with PDK. Don’t trust the numbers on Porsche website because they always sandbag numbers. 0-60 is more like mid 4 seconds. What you lose out on is a little bit of mid and top end steam which the 4.0 motor has a great bit of. The GTS4.0 really not that much faster. You’re paying for the bigger motor and that flat six sound. Not saying I don’t love my GTS, just saying you don’t need to break the bank to get an awesome 718.
Thanks

If I get the 4.0, I'm not buying the 4.0 for more performance. I figure if I'm getting a Boxster, I may as well get the best sounding engine right behind my head, maximizing the emotional experience.

I just love how the Spyder looks, so again, it's adding to the emotion every time I drive it.

But I rented a 981 Boxster S and drive down the PCH from San Fran to LA, and it was one of the best driving experiences of my life. I had so much fun in that little rental Porsche, and it was plenty fast enough for me.
Appreciate 0