View Single Post
      11-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
yermo
You know I am kind of a big deal...
Rep
Drives: 18 m4, 19 x5

I thought that the season was a failure. Not a complete failure but a failure because, double diffusers, KERS and scandals. Some good things new tracks, tire differences, new pit/safety car rules, reliability rule changes and aero changes.
If Button doesn't have double diffuser he doesn't win the championship (and that is what this whole F1/racing sport is about: winning the championship) and WTF they knew that they were going to run the DD during the first race why couldn't they (FIA) make a ruling prior to the race and not the third race or whenever that happened. That is a major failure for me and handed Button the championship. KERS was a failure, they (speed channel guy) said that because KERS only gave the cars 6 seconds of boost that it didn't make a big enough difference in weight for the teams to use them. Why not give them 12 seconds to make up for the difference?? Whatever, still a failure and waste of money. Aero changes sans diffuser I like them made the cars look cleaner without all the wings all over the cars. I like the tire differences that Bridgestone came out with made strategy important but was not a big enough factor that it completely ruined the racing i.e. Michelin vs. Bridgestone (I don't care about tire company battles). Finally they fixed some of the rules that were a joke some of the previous years (new pit/safety car rules). Also as I mentioned I like the reliability rules, it makes a difference in the racing and I like that this is something that can be carried over to the street cars and their reliability. I wish it was more about the racing and less about the drama of all the scandals. Yeah, yeah I know that it has always been part of F1 but it seams that they are getting bigger and affecting the racing more. It is sad when I am very excited to watch F1, even my wife, dad and mom would watch because I am such a fanatic and they are over watching because of all the drama off the track and the rule changes every year that you can't keep up with. They need more consistency in F1.
But having said that... I can't wait for next year should be fun I hope that they have experienced drivers in the new cars otherwise there is going to be turn 1 crashes every race (which I feel like this year there were not as many incidents in turn 1), also 19 races will be great.
Appreciate 0