E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Yea....forgot to mention KERS. SO glad to see that go. Vettel would have easily overtaken Hamilton in the opening laps if not for KERS and Force India would have gotten their first win if not for a KES equipped Ferrari...in Monza I think....

The battle between Button and Webber at the end of Abu Dhabi was stupendous. I was on the edge of my seat. Really hoping for more of that come 2010.
Force India would've won their first race and their first podium, and first points in Spa if it weren't KERS...
KERS concept is brilliant in terms of "technology advance" and "enviroment friendly", but its realistic advantage in motor racing is minimum, we rarely see cars been overtaken by KERS except for a few occassion where long straights....unfortunately, we did see lots of KERS defensive moves, pulling away from corners and prevent following cars get into the slip stream...its doing more harm than good in Formula 1, and its an expensive toy to add on.

The only thing i can think of being advantage is have the similar and cheaper system on Hybrid cars or electric/solar powered cars....recharging battery when braking......