View Single Post
      11-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

2009 F1 Season - My Thoughts

One of the best seasons I have watched in a long time. Can't think of a more enjoyable one since Michael Schumacher's last. Sure, last year went down to the wire but I have never been that interested in Massa or Hamilton.

Loved that the season heroes were drivers that I have always really liked and rooted for but who always seemed to missing the one break they needed....Button, Rubens, Webber. Also, to see my new favorite driver, Vettel, come so close was great. The way the last GP ended was perfect...all three of my current faves (except Alonso) on the podium in pretty much the order I like them too.

Some great new circuits and of course great politics and gossip in the background. I am really, really looking forward to 2010 for a couple reasons:
Can't wait to see how Red Bull does. I will go out on the early limb and say that the championship will come down to Alonso and Vettel. Vettel is the next great F1 driver and Alonso is going to be deadly in the Ferrari. There is no doubt in my mind with all the early development, that the Scuderia is already ahead of the others and with Alonso's development skills.......damn....look out.

Very sad to see BMW go of course but hopefully they will be back. One can only wonder what might have been had they laid out the cash to get a driver like Alonso a couple years back. Lord knows they have had the means to pay him whatever he may have wanted.

Equally excited to see how the new teams will do...particularly Jag and US F1. Hoping that we can see less of the Nakajimas and Grossjeans of the world and more of new real talent like Kobayashi.

Lastly, really looking forward to how the no refueling will effect strategy. Hopefully resulting in more strategies involving on-track passing and less pit overtaking.

Anyway, that's all for now. Looking forward to 2010...... any other thoughts/reflection welcome