04-05-2019, 12:46 PM   #17
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightarmor View Post
Only put about 40 miles on today but overall extremely satisfied with the ride. Can't comment too much on handling due to the alignment being off but feels good overall. I've been dealing with KW products for the past 20 years almost. I used to sell KW at a shop I worked at and it was always fun explaining to people how the KW's transformed the ride.

Based on my experience running KW V1's on other vehicles in the past I had no doubt the ride was going to improve over the standard M-sport suspension on this X1. The factory ride is stiff and the damping and rebound are too quick and harsh. The KW's smooth all of that out, I"m surprised because I thought most of the "rough" riding on the factory set up was all due to the run flats but it's not.

The way I always describe switching to a KW setup is that it's firm but soft.

Currently this is the third vehicle in my fleet that runs KW's. I have V1's on my S40 club car and V3's on my wife's C70.
Wow, that is interesting as I was blaming 100% on the rft , thank you. I have an xdrive 2.0d , I definitely do not want to lower the ride height, in fact I would be happy if it were 1/2” higher. Can you recommend suitable KW set-up?
Thanks again
Appreciate 0