04-08-2024, 10:22 PM   #106
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abalakay View Post
What did you end up doing about it, did you order the spring and do the fix?

I've read a few have turned the message off with BimmerLink and it's stayed off, I've heard some people did this and it turned back on, and some did the turn off but the main issue gets retained when scanned in the future

It seems extremely sketchy that this error shows up exactly when the car comes off of warranty, from the manufacturer who offers a cheap "oil change and issue inspection" service for cars that's only available AFTER the warranty expires and issues like this arise

Also this thread is proof that the repairs are extremely profitable considering how far people are willing to travel to do/get this fix done

There's been an entire website made because of the profitability of this, literally www.securevehicleagainstrolling.com

This needs to be brought to BMWs attention without just saying "we're screwed and they don't care" that's not ok
ive actually have not had the problem, so i guess i’m a lucky one but i’m only at 57k (2016). If or/when i do have the problem, i’m simply going to buy the spring and do the replacement myself as it does not see that hard to do, just time consuming but with the YT video with the steps needed for the repair, looks easy enough to follow.

I do agree BMW needs to do something about this but i highly doubt they will do anything.

Same with the motor mounts - that is another common problem but that’ll never get a recall either. Welcome to the bimmer world - we just have to deal with these poor design flaws.
Appreciate 0