View Single Post
      11-05-2021, 03:47 PM   #104
giphlag
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
What your not looking at is your new electric EV platform is built on the fossil fuel platform.

Ie. there would be no batteries for you unless there was huge trucks and caterpillars runnung on diesel mining the crap out of the mountain and bringing it over it on ships running off fossil fuels across the ocean

You couldnt exist without that underlying platform.

When tesla has to test their new roadster at the nurburing they have to bring in portable diesel generstors to charge your precious EV

Its just hypocrisy built on layers of hypocrisy.

You act like electricity is some infinite resource that gets extracted from the ether, no man, theres alot of fossil fuels that get burnt to generate that too

Its a phony attempt to cajole bleeding heart yuppies into smart city grids where, with a flick of a switch, they got you by the balls!

No matter what, with my ICE, I can go anywhere anytime i please at the drop of a hat, and nobody can do nothing about it. Its called being FREE. Tell me if you can do that with your EV

Come on man. Roadster? Diesel generators?
Tesla has had a Supercharger at the Nürburgring for over 3 years and hasn't tested a Roadster there in god knows how long.

Your arguments are anecdotal and from many years ago.
Caterpillar and many others are already working on electric mining equipment they are putting into production at Nouveau Monde Graphite in Montreal (just one example).

Are there inefficiencies? Of course! Is it a perfect system already? No!
And it doesn't need to be since we are at the beginning of it.

What do you suggest we do instead?
Appreciate 0