View Single Post
      05-03-2021, 02:43 PM   #1
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC

Which car for wifey?

My wife's lease ends in December 2021 and we're looking for our next buggy. So in between making fun of me for spending exorbitant amounts of free time on "on that stupid Bimmerblog", she noticed a post by AYounglove10@ (thanks for that btw --- AWESOME car) detailing his new G82. She fell in love instantly and actually love the new kidney grille.

We've (read: I've -- as my wife is pretty amenable to any car that is safe and aesthetically pleasing) been searching for a while, but her lease isn't up until December, but her 2019 430i has less than 15K miles and we think with the current used car market/chip shortage, we may be able to make a deal that works selling her car a few months before lease end.

Either way, we're looking at doing a custom order on either a BMW or a Porsche. We currently have an X5MC as our baby hauler/my DD, so we could make do with an M4 or M3 as the secondary car that in a pinch could carry Me, Mrs. Malibu and Baby-bu if absolutely necessary. The dilemma is while BMWFS has great lease rates, she's sort of keen on a new 911 (Targa 4) and I'm slightly partial to the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid (the PHEV tax credit and accelerated depreciation more than make up for the cost difference on a Porsche lease/purchase). The 911 GT3 is a recent addition and is probably unrealistic, but wifey gave it the go ahead so if we can (a) get an allocation and (b) not pay $30K above MSRP I'd do it for her in a heartbeat.

That said said I'd like to hear the collective hive mind's opinion on what to do:

1.) M4C - Alpine/Frozen White Metallic (approx. MSRP: $82,000)
2.) M8C - MBB/Alpine (approx MSRP: $135,500)
3.) M3C - Portimao Blue (approx. MSRP: $80,000)
4.) Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid - (approx. MSRP: $106,500 -- not including $6,712 tax credit)
5.) Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid - (approx. MSRP: $130,000 -- not including $6,712 tax credit)
6.) Porsche 911 [exact model unsure] - (approx. MSRP: $140,000 - $185,000)
7.) Porsche 911 GT3 - (approx. MSRP $186K)

Given the diversity of car ownership on these forums, I'm not limited to those named above but I would like to stay in cars made in Deutschland.

Go!

Last edited by pookiemalibu; 05-03-2021 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0