View Single Post
      11-17-2018, 12:20 PM   #26
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Comparing to Schumi and Senna is disgusting dude.

Senna had to work his way to F1, and then had to work his was to the Mcclaren on his own back, not dad's, so were talking a totally different breed here. Verstappen was handed keys to a F1 car way too early and has been a wrecking ball ever since, reminds me of Pastor with his sheer lack of responsibility and constant crashes.

I think due to his god complex he did feel the need to impose his dominance on Ocon bc remember, he was beaten by Ocon in 2014 in F3, so maybe theres still a rivalry there but Ocon was clearly faster and for good reason, fresh tires... Any experienced non petulant driver would have assumed the worst there and let Ocon drive through as he was pushing (Max's omission via radio) he was simply faster at the time. Instead MV assumed a faster car was going to back off? Not smart in my book, but nothing surprising judging by his history of recklessness. I remember when he blatantly took out Ricciardo with understeer or when he pulled a defensive double move on Ricciardo in Baku and caused an accident. He took out Vettle in China. The worst was in Monaco in 2015, looked like he was trying to kill Grosjean on turn 1 i believe.

I'd love to see this settled in equal cars. Sick of Verstappens bitching and constant accidents then justifying his dumb decisions. Kid thinks he God's gift to F1 and I've seen enough.
Mostly agreed, but the kids got a ton of talent. When/if he grows up and learns to pick his spots better he is gonna be close to unstoppable IMO. But, that is a big IF.
Appreciate 0