View Single Post
      11-17-2018, 12:17 PM   #25
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
I think due to his god complex he did feel the need to impose his dominance on Ocon bc remember, he was beaten by Ocon in 2014 in F3, so maybe theres still a rivalry there but Ocon was clearly faster and for good reason, fresh tires... Any experienced non petulant driver would have assumed the worst there and let Ocon drive through as he was pushing (Max's omission via radio) he was simply faster at the time. Instead MV assumed a faster car was going to back off? Not smart in my book,
You may not like Verstappen but in this case he was the race leader batteling the world champion for P1.
Ocon was what? 10th? 15th? trailing a lap behind batteling who knows.....

So the race leader should hold back and deviate from the ideal driving line, loosing precious seconds on P1 to the world champion to someone who had ample chance to even score 1 point in this GP?!?

Ocon's attempt to overtake was poorly chosen. Yes he had a faster car with fresh tyres but like I said he had a huge gap when turning onto the straight. If he wanted to overtake there, he should have taken care of that gap in the 2 corners before the straight so he would have been directly behind him and could have fully passed him on the straight.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0