cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
30 years of driving in Boston, New York City and while I was using up Saab's then I was definitely a BMW stereo type driver. Using turn signals is a invitation for the other driver to speed up and cut you off. Tailgating is mandatory, never show a gap that a car can fit into (like showing fear to a angry dog). When I moved back to PA it was 30 days before I realized that what was required in New England will get you the finger in PA. I'm now a happy courteous driver again unless someone gets aggressive with me then my BMW stereo type behavior returns.
When changing lanes on the highway, I use my blinkers at the time of the move. Three obligatory clicks. I see my gap and make my move. I do not use them in advance as an invitation or please let me in. This is also to avoid those that see your blinker and speed up not to let you in.

When driving in the streets, I use them in advance. Another thing that drives me batshit crazy is when driving on a two lane roadway without left turn lanes and the person ahead of me is making a left and puts on their blinker after they have already stopped. Had you put it on in advance, I could have gone around you instead of getting stuck behind you.

Last edited by cmyx6go; 11-08-2023 at 09:06 AM..
Appreciate 10
Llarry16418.50
lakefront560.50
sygazelle11481.00
antgenn319.00
Oldgixxer1939.50
dradernh4459.50