01-30-2020, 08:39 AM   #108
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHudson View Post
Ah! Excellent

I am now entitled to intercede on my neighbours previous indiscretion, after all, their wishes and solutions are irrelevant.
Perhaps tomorrow I can comment and ridicule his charity choices, because I don’t believe their decisions adequately meet my moral standards.

Who my wife and I think are “affected and influenced” is up to us, not you. You can’t stand on the outside and demand justice, because you “claim” your were influenced! That crazy.

Sorry you were “influenced” by Bryant’s past indiscretions, and you feel it’s important that everyone knows your feelings, on the day he and his daughter were killed.
Class act bro.
Ignoring your snarky attitude... Yes, a ton of child abuse, molestation, bad parenting that psychologically affect children, etc etc could be prevented if neighbors, teachers, family members, etc kept a look out and spoke up about what they saw. Generally first starting by having a good relationship with those people to where you might be able to influence them to behave different, otherwise calling the police if it escalates to that.

You're not interceding on anyone's wishes, you are offering advice and looking out for others. It's up to them to take your advice, no one is forcing them and they are free to take it or ignore it or question it, and the friendship remains the same even if they choose not to take it. I've done this with all my friends and neighbors. To me, it's what friendship is... looking out for another. Not a single one has a problem with it because they know it comes from a place of caring.

If a little girl is being molested, you will notice her behavior change immediately. You can then ask the parents what's going on, ask the girl, etc and go from there.

I have good relationships with my neighbors kids to where they tell me anything and everything, even stuff they don't like that happens with their parents. Since I have a good relationship with the parents, I can talk to them in private and suggest different ways of handling the situation that turned into one that the child didn't like. For example, if the kid argued with his parent and the parent decided to hit him to shut him up. Well you don't particularly want to beat the will to argue out of your children, because that's a very useful skill in defending yourself, in asking for raises at work, etc yourself as an adult.

And your act of doing nothing certainly has influence on their lives, because the situation perpetuates because you are not saying something.
Appreciate 0